Dear Valued Customer,
Travelling during the time of COVID-19 can be nerve-racking.
Hollard Moçambique Companhia de Seguros launched a new product on 11 March 2020 to help travellers deal with the impact of the virus.
The product, named Covid19, adds several COVID-19-related elements to existing Hollard Moçambique´s Travel Insurance cover, which already includes cover for medical treatment while overseas and cancellations due to an unexpected illness.
In developing the Covid19 product, Hollard Moçambique consulted with experts. The additional cover is designed to respond to concerns regarding international travel:
- Reimbursement for proactive testing for COVID-19, irrespective of whether there is a manifestation of symptoms or not
- Cancellation cover has been expanded to include cover specifically for:
- Cancellation or curtailment if a city listed in your itinerary has been isolated by state authorities due to the disease.
- Cancelled flights: A number of airlines have cancelled flights. We understand they may reimburse clients for the flights; however, our policy will reimburse non-refundable accommodation costs due to the cancellation of flights
- Event cancellation: A number of large global events have been cancelled in the last few days, and if an event you have booked travel for has been cancelled, we will reimburse you for non-refundable flights and accommodation, but excludes the cost of your visa.
- If your flight has been delayed due to a medical emergency on board, we will reimburse additional expenses incurred during the delay for the purchase of food, drinks, and accommodation.
- Repatriation to Mozambique – if at any time you want to return to Mozambique earlier than booked due to the threat of COVID-19 being reasonably present in your destination or transit city, we will reimburse the penalties/fees to change your airline ticket.
The spread of the virus is presenting the travel industry with an unprecedented global challenge that changes daily. Hollard Moçambique continues to monitor the pandemic guidelines set out by relevant health authorities and governing bodies.
“We feel strongly that travel insurance needs to adapt to an ever-changing environment. Containing the spread of unnecessary panic is as important as stopping the virus itself and we are focused on delivering peace of mind to all our travellers with the above product,” says Oojah Travel Protection Managing Director, Uriah Jansen. As a specialist underwriting manager, Oojah administers travel insurance policies on behalf of Hollard.
Get your Covid19 Travel Insurance cover by contacting Hollard Moçambique on +258 35 77 00 or email email@example.com, today!
Hollard Moçambique Management